Job TypeFull Time
Salary$56 - Per Hour
Post Date2 years ago
$56 Per Hour
Junior Support Engineer
- Serve as first point of contact (Tier 1 HelpDesk) for the company’s users.
- Answer HelpDesk phone and create tickets in the HelpDesk system, resolving issues when possible and escalating where appropriate.
- Resolve common PC and Mac client issues via phone, remote control, or deskside visits.
- Set up new user hardware, software, e-mail, and network accounts, as well as coordinate any desk moves.
- Resolve common network, telephone, and e-mail issues, such as unlocking accounts and resetting passwords as necessary.
- Uphold IT service level agreements regarding desktop and telephone support.
- Perform troubleshooting on printers, mobile computing devices, scanners and other devices.
- Update software and hardware asset databases.
- Perform patch management and software updates on desktops.
- Provide necessary reporting on support activities to IT management.
- Assist other IT team members in the delivery of support and administration of company systems.
- Suggest end-user documentation and knowledgebase articles, to senior staff, and create said articles at management’s discretion.
- Assist in evaluation and deployment of new systems and technologies.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all departments to optimize effective communications and customer service.
- Maintain current technical expertise and utilize state-of-the-art techniques when implementing solutions.
- 1- 2 years of experience in supporting desktop technology in a corporate environment
- Superior customer relationship skills, positive attitude, and excellent communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the following: Google Apps, Microsoft Windows (7 and 10), macOS, Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Some knowledge and experience with various web-based SaaS solutions.
- Some knowledge and experience with ChromeOS and Linux are a plus.
- Experience with a variety of mobile computing platforms (iOS, Android)
- Hands-on experience diagnosing printers and peripherals
- Strong technical aptitude, with the ability and desire to independently learn new technologies.
- Working familiarity with basic Active Directory administration, printer hardware and queue administration, networking concepts including; Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN, and file sharing.
- Must have a sense of urgency, with a desire to be a part of a results-oriented team.
- Desire to constantly elevate the quality and level of service delivered to the staff.
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology or a related field is required
- Certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, or other, are a plus
- Able to travel to Horsham, PA 10% of the time
Location :New York
Availability :Full Time
Experience Level :3 Years