Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably.
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care.
As an RN Telephonic Nurse Case Manager, you will be responsible for clinical operations and medical management activities across the continuum of care from assessing and planning to implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating. You will also be responsible for providing health education, coaching and treatment decision support for members.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
***The schedule for this position includes 2 days per week where you will be expected to work until approximately 8pm, based on member availability.***
- Making outbound calls to assess members’ current health status
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Providing patient education to assist with self-management
- Interacting with Medical Directors on challenging cases
- Coordinating care for members and services as needed (home health, DME, etc.)
- Educating members on disease processes
- Encouraging members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Utilizing Milliman criteria to determine if patients are in the correct hospital setting
- Making “welcome home” calls to ensure that discharged member receive the necessary services and resources
- Documenting and tracking findings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unrestricted RN license (compact state highly preferred)
- 3+ years of clinical experience (any setting)
- Computer proficiency utilizing MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), including the ability to type and talk at the same time while navigating a Windows environment
- Reside in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high speed internet connection or can leverage existing high – speed internet service
- Access to dedicated work space from home for in home office set up
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- ICU, Cardiology or Critical Care experience
- Telephonic case management experience
- Experience with discharge planning
- Experience in a remote position
- Solid working knowledge chronic medical diagnoses (CHF, COPD, diabetes, etc.)
Remote entry level medical coding jobs